Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
 Ponkan



ponkan

These are some of the ponkan you can get in Japan. I believe this bag was 298yen and they were great quality back in January but the last couple bags I bought have been very dry.

I see dekopon at the market too, which are large softball-sized ones with wrinkly navels jutting out.



Without knowing what ponkan were, at first I was surprised at how much they were like small oranges. The skin and taste and pulpiness were just like oranges! Of course, pretty much anything orange that wasn't a mikan might've struck me that way; that's what happens when you live in Japan!

Here's Renee's info on ponkan, which upon seeing inspired me to mention my ponkan.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
Fumiyo's Soft Chocolate
Chinese, Japanese, look at me
The FuyuSona Bento
Everybody Loves Music
My Battery is Dead
Apple Images
Stickers and Students at Visit School
Ku-chan's sushi mug
wafu kinoko spaghetti, or Japanese style mushroom ...
Blogging about Clubs

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter