Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Friday, March 25, 2005
 School Update


I lied about that being the last post. How about a school update. The third term just ended. In Japan, graduations happen in March and new school years start in April.

Not much activity for me. I did start working with the English Drama club members on their new project. The girls who earlier this year were just first year students doing helping roles are now the leaders. I was afraid when they were taking awhile to come up with the next play, and when they did choose Snow White I was pulling my hair when it looked like I was going to have to write the whole English script for them, translating it myself from Japanese. Luckily things were changed so that a real script was found. All we had to do was take a couple hours to cut bits here and there so that the play suited the number of students and the 20-minute time.

Guess what the play is. Cinderella! It's funny because I keep thinking the students are saying die (shinde) when they talk to each other about it.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
Shiny picture looks good. I'm Hungry!
(3/8) Trying Curry Udon
(3/7) Shinjuku Night
Your Recommendations
(3/7) Studio Ghibli Museum
(3/6) The Mall
(3/5) Treating Ourselves to Premium Tonkatsu
Spend Spend Spend
Hanko
Ootoya does not disappoint.

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter