Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Friday, March 25, 2005
 Shiny picture looks good. I'm Hungry!

Okay this is last post for now. I need to make dinner!


Last week the left pocket got his mom's more-or-less recipe for japchae. We didn't have enough beanthreads or maifun or harusame or whatever you call those noodles, so we used bifun! While making it we ran out of room in our pan with all the random veggies I cut up to use (spinach, carrot, onion, chingensai or Shanghai bokchoy?, hakusai or Chinese cabbage) so we had to put another pan on the stove! This kind of made it easier to taste-test and decide how much/if more soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil was needed. It came out really yummy and it gets tastier the longer it sits. The sesame oil flavor takes time to come out. We finished it all! I ate the last of it!!
 
Comments:
Heh!! sound yums..!! can't see the pic though.. :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
(3/8) Trying Curry Udon
(3/7) Shinjuku Night
Your Recommendations
(3/7) Studio Ghibli Museum
(3/6) The Mall
(3/5) Treating Ourselves to Premium Tonkatsu
Spend Spend Spend
Hanko
Ootoya does not disappoint.
Vegetable Croquette Sandwich

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter