Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Thursday, April 28, 2005
 Golden Week
What to do for Golden Week? Enjoy Japan. See new things.

Surprisingly, I heard that not many students will absent from school on the two days between all the days off. This year Golden Week falls in such a way that Fri-Sat-Sun and Tues-Wed-Thurs are consecutive holidays. I'm taking Monday and Friday off too.

It bugs me when the voices of teachers who are standing around talking suddenly turn into whispering and then laughing.

Off to make lesson plan.. Today I finished doing my self-introduction for the 15th and 16th time this term. I found out that I'll see all the students three more times. Three more 15-minute lessons. What to do with my time?

Actually, add visit-school and I did my self-introduction 21 times this term. Despite my efforts (including visual aides) to explain what I am, unfortunately I think less than one-third of the students understand how I can look like a typical Japanese person and have a seemingly typical Japanese name but claim to be American. Well, I try, and I get through to a few people.

Off to make lesson plan...
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
Eye Talk
P
I like nothing. I don't like nothing.
A
G
Back to Japan...
N
I
S
Shinjuku Gyouen

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter