Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Monday, April 18, 2005
 I like nothing. I don't like nothing.

It's bad enough when one answer catches on and each member of the class recites it as their own answer. It's just a downer when the things that catch on are "I don't like studying" and "I don't like English". With the classes today it was "I like nothing. I don't like nothing". This round of second years at visit school look and behave better than the ones I had to teach when I first came to Japan but they still don't wanna be agreeable. I spend most of my time trying to think of little ways to lure the zombies toward participating.


This term at base school I will have maybe the most packed team teaching schedule than any I've ever had; why now that I am on the last leg of this job and am no longer ambitious about what I'm doing. Just have fun and make it easy on everyone involved, forget improving their English! That should be how it always is. What's the point anyway when third years are learning "It is ~ that ~" in their reading class but they can't say something like "Excuse me" in English.

Last night the left pocket and I went running for the first time in ages. Only 28 minutes but that was enough. Not many people run around the streets in Japan. They look at you like you're weird.

After running we had chili and cornbread for dinner. Two types of chili and two types of cornbread, now that I think about it. Not only that but both types of chili were 99% fat free while some of the cornbread had lard in it. Instant food is strange!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
A
G
Back to Japan...
N
I
S
Shinjuku Gyouen
Sakura
Cross the River Without Abusing Any Family Members...
error

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter