Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
 N


3/28 Orchard Road


one of the many Bee Cheng Hiang outlets


pork, chicken, spicy... regular pork tasted best


I asked for two but after walking away peeked in to find only one. S$2something. YUMYUMYUM!


weighing dumpling dough at Din Tai Fung in Paragon's basement level


In America it's soy sauce. In Singapore it's soya sauce.


look at that shrimp! ten Pork & Shrimp dumplings for S$9.50 YUMYUMYUM!


six super juicy Pork dumplings (front) and six Vegetable & Pork dumplings for S$5.80 each steamer




hunted down the Magnolia ice cream cart! There are a lot of ice cream vendors, actually, but it looked like from day to day the brands rotated.




a big slab of red bean ice cream in a piece of bread, S$1. The bread was sorta dry and bland and wasn't as I'd fantasized it to be but it was fun getting it anyway.


This seems to be the quieter end of Orchard.


I've been to Sushi Ondo in Japan, I've heard of Genki Sushi in Hawaii, they've got the same logo, and Singapore has them both! What does it mean?! By the way, we steared clear of any Japanese food (not because it'd be bad, just because we get enough).


Taco Bell... new!


See my ice kachang being made at Scott's Picnic Food Court's Eat & Joy Desserts. I think I should have gotten the one written on the yellow sign.


S$2 ice kachang, or basically shave ice with corn on it. Now that I know what kachang means, where is the kachang!?! Luckily I was only thirsty.


I like these fruit plaques that line the sidewalk.


Sighted a food court while looking for iPod mini covers and ended up trying Claypot Chicken Rice, S$4. Doesn't look appetising but was different and tasty. YUM!

 
Comments:
Yums..! welcome to our paradise of food..!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
I
S
Shinjuku Gyouen
Sakura
Cross the River Without Abusing Any Family Members...
error
DO NOT stay at the YWCA
Spring!
School Update
Shiny picture looks good. I'm Hungry!

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter