Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
 Someone Moving in Before I'm Out

There appear to be baby cockroaches running around since last night. They chose the night that a couple friends came to check out the stuff I'm selling to make their debut. When I step on them with my slipper they lie still a split second before jumping up to keep running. Then I step on them good. Sometimes they jump up again, though. It's freaky.

Why are they here now? Does heat bring them out? There's no more food out than before. Did moving furniture agitate them out? Did they come in through the open windows suddenly?

I saw two dead mosquitos today. YEAH! First one was already dead...how do they die on their own? Second one was going nuts around my foot while I was swiffering. Surprisingly I stepped on it and got it. I LOVE MY MOSQUITO NET too. Hopefully it keeps out baby cockroaches too. YUCK!

Used my free gerumanium(?) ticket at the gym. It's basically like a spa contraption for only your forearms and feet. The temperature read 41 degrees and one session is 20 minutes. It made me sweat lots but it felt good and relaxing like an onsen. It felt like stuff...energy, heaviness was being pulled out of my hara. Supposedly it burns 600 calories...

Yesterday and today used my prize 1000yen gift ticket from the gym to get bagels yesterday and today. Why are bagels supposed to be healthy?

Now that my head is in the states, non-Japanese food especially appealing because I know that soon I will be able to eat it all, forever, for cheap. It's so nice to have that peace of mind.

Some students expressed shock and unhappiness at the news that they were getting a new ALT soon. One said "yada" but that was the extent. Some classes didn't get the message that I was returning home, since some teachersdidn't comment after I told them in English and said goodbye.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
Black, Brown, Orange, Yellow
Awake
Hawaii
Gung Gung is not well
woot?
Doesn't Feel Like Friday
"Shall We kuru-zu?"
Finally Turning Japanese
Gym Addict
Too Much Info... but I don't want it in my head

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter