Yukkuri Countdown JAPAN
Thursday, July 07, 2005
 T-shirt is a design by Yoshitomo Nara
Teacher who sits next to me treated me to my craved kenchin udon today at lunch. For the first time she mentioned her son today. He's "more than thirty" years old and has a wife and lives in Tokyo.

Still getting frustrated at "work" ... I should say, getting even more frustrated at "work" now that the end is near. Remind self to dig out pension booklet.

Wow, farewell parties for me. Where to have? Oh, I had udon for lunch, let's have it at a soba/udon place ka naa... yes, cheap and simple and casual. I feel sorry for teacher(s) trying to organize it. Instead of a party on MY behalf, I wish I could think of something more time-worthy and enjoyable for all. It's bad enough feeling like they were forced to have me in the classroom with them; now I'm forcing them to have a dinner for me.

Anyway! Ran for about 25min at 10.4-11km/h then walked about 5min at around 7km/h. Weights, low impact class with substitute, the yoga instructor lady I like. She's very energetic and a good instructor.

Long IM time with Ma, was nice.

Sold bed and shelf, so happy. Clearing things out is fun.

Quaker Quakes are yummy and few calories!

Weather...always almost raining. Warm.

Bed time, goodnight.
 
Comments:
You sound like experiencing the GIRI culture in Japan feeling bad for the other teachers having to come to your farewell dinner. It goes round and round... I sometimes organize and throw a fareware party for someone and my other coworkers do the same for me when I am to leave. Interesting circle but I think I like it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Seize the food, for Japan is time-service only! In other words, this blog is to preserve, share, and make the most of my six months left living in Japan. Yes, I am obsessed with food. Cheap food!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tokyo/Saitama, Japan

Life is short so I eat fast, lest it get cold or disappear. I'm currently teaching English in Japan for two years. I was born and raised in California, and will be returning there in Summer 2005. I was ovo-lacto-vegetarian for about seven years but decided to let it go during second year in Japan!


Latest Posts
Plums
Another Year, Another Bunkasai
School People
Someone Moving in Before I'm Out
Black, Brown, Orange, Yellow
Awake
Hawaii
Gung Gung is not well
woot?
Doesn't Feel Like Friday

ARCHIVES
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005


Powered by Blogger best counter